Approximately two miles from Markethill is the Catholic Church of Saint Michael's in Cladymore. This follows the tradition that churches built on higher ground are named after Saint Michael. The church was constructed in 1834 and rebuilt in 1996 and 1997, three years after being destroyed by fire.
The cemetery occupying the ground between the church and the road is of older origin than the church itself. Fourteen stone markers are used to draw attention to graves dating from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.