Cusher River is labelled 9 on the map. The name of the river is pronounced locally 'Cooser'.
The river was described in 1838 in the Ordnance Survey Memoirs describing the
parish of Ballymore:
"The principal river in this parish [of Ballymore]is the Cusher river, which enters the parish at its most western point in the townland of Maymacullen and becomes the parish boundary in the west for little more than a mile. It then takes a direction through the parish, being the boundary for various t[ow]nlands, for about 6 miles. It is very crooked but its general bearing is north east. Its height above the sea on entering the parish is 175 feet and on leaving it 53 feet. It varies in breadth, the average, perhaps, is 40 feet and depth 1 to 7 feet. Between the townlands of Clare, Moodge [Moodoge] and Druminure and between Cargans and Tullyhue its banks are thickly wooded. It is well adapted for mills, of which there are the following: in the townland of Clare a corn mill with kiln adjoining and a flax mill; in Ballyshielbeg a flax mill; in Druminure a corn mill; in Moodoge a corn and flax mill; in Mullinteer a spade foundry