McCourts Lake is labelled 16 on the map. It is East of Markethill.
The lake was described twice in 1838 in the Ordnance Survey Memoirs:
"The parish [of Ballymore] contains no lakes of any considerable magnitude...McCourt's
lough, situated 1 mile south west of the village of Poyntzpass ,
extreme length from north east to south west 374 yards, extreme breadth south
east to north west 242 yards.."
"[McCourt's Lake] in the north end of Demone at its junction with Aughantaraghan
and Federnagh contains about 11 acres."