Shaws Lake is labelled 23 on the map. It is South of Markethill, beside Glenanne.
The lake is maintained by Armagh Fisheries, which incorporates Armagh City and District Angling Club and has promoted and provided game fishing from 1926. The lake-side panel by Armagh Fisheries notes:
AT its deepest point, on the 'Quarry' side, the lake plunges to over eighty feet deep. Shaw's lake was historically used as a source of water and power for the textile industry which thrived locally.
Throughout County Armagh, water power was used extensively in the mills, especially in the Callan Valley. Latterly the lake overflow has also been used to generate environmentally friendly non-fossil fuel electricity for the National Grid."
Fishing is by licence only (available in Markethill and in Armagh). The bag limit is 6 fish of size limit 12 inches. Species in the lake include Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Perch. Herons, Snipe, Swans and Grebe frequent the lake.
Note that the lake appears on Owen Swann's map of the area in 1693.