Records for Collone Primary School in the Parish of Lisnadill date back to 1861, although the school existed as a National School prior to this. Ever since its opening, the school at Collone has been co-educational.
Attendance at the school has been as high as 130 students but at present the
register indicates a regular attendance of approximately 50 students.
In 1961 the school building was renovated and an additional classroom added. Other developments at that time included a physical education store, staff room, new toilets and a caretaker's store.
The first mobile classroom was acquired in 1966 and a second one added in the spring of 2001.
In 2003 the school was looking forward to further development and hoped to improve the facilities of the building to include a games hall and tuck shop. The school closed in 2008.
PRINCIPALS SINCE 1934
1934-1954 Mr. JH Harrison
1954-1958 Mr. TA Hamilton
1958-1972 Mr. WT King
1972-1988 Mr. R Flack
1988-2008 Mr. WJ Ruddell
In the accompany recording, Linda McMahon talks about Collone Primary School.
Use the audio controller to listen to this talk, given in 2003.