Lisnadill lies on the B51 Road 4.5 km south of the City of Armagh and 8 km from Markethill.
It is designated today as a hamlet. (Armagh Area Plan 2004: Armagh District Council Area)
McKay, P A Dictionary of Ulster Place-names (Belfast, 1999) notes:
Parish of Armagh, Barony of Fews Upper
From the Irish Lios Na Daille 'Fort of the Blindness'. The modern form of the place-name may represent a development from an earlier form Lios An Daill 'Fort of the blind man'.
There are remains of a rath in the townland. The parish of Lisnadill, which has portions in the baronies of Fews Lower and Armagh, was created in 1772 out of the neighbouring parish of Armagh.