The townland of Glasdrummond is in the parish of Kilclooney (or Kilcluny) in Armagh County. It is labelled number 17 on the map. H941391
The Ordnance Survey Memoirs of 1838 refer to the church in
the townland, which is mistakenly given as Glasdrumman:
"Glassdrumman [sic] church, situated in the townland of Glassdrumman[sic] on the road between Markethill and Keady at a distance of 1 and a quarter miles from the former, is a plain rectangular building, slated and in good order, without a tower. It was built in the year 1788 and repaired last in 1836, a new roof and gable having been then added. It is 50 feet long and 25 feet broad. Rector the Reverend Doctor Blacker, curate the Reverend L.H. Robinson at Kilclooney Glebe. " (Ordnance Survey Memoirs 1835-38)
The 1826 Schools Commission report describes the school in the townland:
"Glassdrummond - A pay school under the care of Hugh and Sarah Ker, of the Dissenting denomination, who were in receipt of 10£ per annum plus residence. The school was built at a cost of 80£ and was in good repair. The school was under the patronage of the parish church with the incumbent granting the master 4£ per annum. Average attendance of the school was 30 scholars."
The Environment and Heritage Service Sites and Monuments Record (2002) notes the following in this townland:
Enclosure of uncertain period
SMR NO: ARM 017:016
CONDITION: NO VISIBLE REMAINS
"A small circular earthwork c.40m in diam. is marked on the 1863 OS 6" map The site was located a little NW of the summit of a drumlin overlooking a small stream which forms the townland boundary, but there are now no visible remains."
PRONI records: VAL/1B/210A (1st Valuation Records); T.2821/1A, 3 (Maps of Mullaghglass estate.); D.1153; D.1874 (Rent receipts for lands in Derrywilligan and Glassdrummond re Lockhart and Hall families.); D.3012 (Papers re burning of flax mill and subsequent litigation.); D.921 (Testamentary papers of McNeilly family.); T.3194 (Extracts from outrage papes [State Paper Office].); D.1874 (Rent receipts re Lockhart family.); OS/6/2/17/1 (Surveyed 1835. Engraved 1835.); OS/6/2/17/2 (Surveyed 1835. Engraved 1835. Revised 1860. Engraved 1863.); OS/6/2/17/3 (Surveyed 1835. Revised 1906. Published 1908. Reprinted 1929, 1932.); OS/6/2/17/4 (Surveyed 1906. Revised 1954-5. Levelled 1889, 1892 and 1906. Published 1958 (2 copies).); OS/6/2/19/1 (Surveyed 1835. Engraved 1835.); OS/6/2/19/2 (Surveyed 1835. Engraved 1835. Revised 1860. Revisions engraved 1863 (2 copies).); OS/6/2/19/3 (Surveyed 1835. Revised 1906. Published 1908. Reprinted 1931 (2 copies, 2nd a reprint 1938, 1949).); OS/6/2/19/4 (Surveyed 1906. Revised 1955. Levelled 1904, 1906,and 1907. Published 1958 (2 copies).); OS/6/2/26/1 (Surveyed 1834-35. Engraved 1835.); OS/6/2/26/2 (Surveyed 1834-35. Engraved 1834. Revised 1861. Engraved 1863.); OS/6/2/26/3 (Surveyed 1834-35. Revised 1906. Published 1909. Reprinted 1930.); OS/6/2/26/4 (Surveyed 1834-35. Revised 1906. Published 1909. Reprints 1930-1949 with stamped ref 2774.); VAL/12B/10/35A, VAL/12B/10/35B, VAL/12B/10/34A, VAL/12B/10/34B, VAL/12B/10/34C, VAL/12B/10/34D, VAL/12B/10/34E, VAL/12B/10/35C, VAL/12B/10/35D, VAL/12B/10/35E, VAL/12B/15/22A, VAL/12B/15/22B, VAL/12B/15/22C, VAL/12B/15/22E, VAL/12B/15/22F (Valuation annual revision list.); VAL/2B/2/9A, VAL/2B/2/37E, VAL/2B/2/43B (Griffith valuation list.).