The townland of Lisdrumchor Lower is in the parish of Loughgilly in Armagh County. It is labelled number 34 on the map.
The 1826 Schools Commission report describes two school in Lisdrumwher which may be Lisdrumchor:
"Lisdrumwher - A pay school under the care of Robert Davison, of the Presbyterian denomination. The income of the master was not fixed at that point as the school had yet to be officially opened. The salary and an acre of land were to be granted by a Dr.Stewart....
" Lisdrumwher - A pay school under the care of George Allen, who was in receipt of 19l per annum. The school was conducted in a barn but the number of scholars was not recorded."
The Environment and Heritage Service Sites and Monuments Record (2002) notes the following in this townland:
PRONI records: OS/6/2/21/1 (Surveyed 1834-35. Engraved 1835.); OS/6/2/21/2 (Surveyed 1834-35. Engraved 1835. Revised 1860. Revisions engraved 1863.); OS/6/2/21/3 (Surveyed 1834-35. Revised 1906. Published 1908. Reprinted 1921.); OS/6/2/21/4 (Surveyed 1834-35. Revised 1906. Published 1908. (2 copies), Reprints 1934-1957.); OS/6/2/21/5 (Surveyed 1906. Revised 1955. Levelled 1889 and 1906. Published 1958.); VAL/1B/212 (1st valuation records.); VAL/12B/10/34A, VAL/12B/10/34B, VAL/12B/10/34C, VAL/12B/10/21A, VAL/12B/10/21B (Valuation annual revision list.); VAL/2B/2/11 (Griffith valuation list.).
In the accompanying audio recording, a pupil from Markethill Primary School talks about the townland of Lisdrumchor Lower.
Use the audio controller to listen to this talk, given in 2003.