The townland of Shanecrackan Beg is in the parish of Mullaghbrack in Armagh County. It is labelled number 41 on the map.
The 1826 Schools Commission report describes the school in the townland:
"Shanecracken - A pay school under the care of Nicholas Wilson, of the Church of Ireland denomination, who was in receipt of 20l per annum. The school was held in a thatched cottage, built at a cost of 8l. It provided education for 74 scholars."
The Environment and Heritage Service Sites and Monuments Record (2002) notes the following in this townland:
Enclosure of uncertain period
SMR NO: ARM 017:009
"A large circular earthwork c.50m in diameter is shown on the OS 6" map of 1863. It was located a little to the SW of the summit of a low, broad drumlin, but there are now no visible remains. Part of the perimeter on the W is reflected in a curve in the adjacent hedge which also forms the townland boundary. ."
PRONI records: OS/6/2/17/1 (Surveyed 1835. Engraved 1835.); OS/6/2/17/2 (Surveyed 1835. Engraved 1835. Revised 1860. Engraved 1863.); OS/6/2/17/3 (Surveyed 1835. Revised 1906. Published 1908. Reprinted 1929, 1932.); OS/6/2/17/4 (Surveyed 1906. Revised 1954-5. Levelled 1889, 1892 and 1906. Published 1958 (2 copies).); VAL/1B/231 (1st valuation records.); VAL/12B/11/3A, VAL/12B/11/3B, VAL/12B/11/3C, VAL/12B/11/3D, VAL/12B/11/3E (Valuation annual revision list.); VAL/2B/2/29 (Griffith valuation list.).